Welcome to Space
Hundreds of years ago, humanity left the Old World behind in massive generation ships. Dozens of these ships set off into space, seeking new homes. Much of the interior of these ships was set up for farming, and humans took many plants and animals into the stars with them.
The Old World was full of magic, and humans brought that magic with them aboard their ships. Magicians and spiritualists are as mundane as farmers and fishers, just another part of life out here in the Void.
The spirits of the Old World came with them as well. Cut off from the Earth Mother, they changed and evolved. Most found peaceful and content lives, but some lost themselves while out in the Void, becoming wayward and chaotic.
What is Your Role?
You play as a group of individuals living on one of these ships. While violence and strife are not unheard of, there is enough to contend with when drifting through space without fighting your fellow travelers. Will you be...
- ...a farmer, cultivating food and caring for animals?
- ...a hullscrapper, delving into the hull of the ship to find derelict scraps?
- ...a scout, patrolling the ship's interior to watch for threats?
- ...a spiriturge, speaking to the spirits and helping them find their place?
- ...a trader, carrying much needed goods and gear between hamlets?
- 2 page rulebook in a landscape layout, PDF
- 2 page rulebook in a landscape layout, PNG (in a zip file)
- A blank grid map with the rough square mileage indicated
Content Warning(s): interstellar space/astrophobia, claustrophobia, accidental or intentional bodily harm, magical harm
Supplies Needed: a set of polyhedral dice (d4, d6, d8, d10, d12, d20), pencils, and these rules
Game Length: 2-3 hours
Other Sci-Fi Titles
from Chubby Crow Games
Compatible With 24XX
GSXX is a game about life and magic in the far future, built with the 24XX system by Jason Tocci. Cover art taken from the public domain.